Tour Dates: February 6th to 16th / 2024
Led by: Gavriel Jecan. 6 Participants ( plus photo instructor and photo assistant )
Tour Cost: to be announced soon
“Our hotel in Tokyo is very conveniently accessed from any airport, all limousine buses go to the hotel or near buy from Haneda and Narita throughout the evening.
(Haneda Airport is located closer to central Tokyo than Narita Airport. With that said, getting to central Tokyo from Narita Airport isn’t too difficult to reach, just might take a little longer.)
FEBRUARY — Arrival at Tokyo International Airport
We recommend to arrive a day earlier to adjust to the time zone, arrive at any time during the day and enjoy exploring the area on your own.
Meals: on your own
FEBRUARY 6 – Explore and photograph through Tokyo till the evening when will have the welcome meeting in the hotel lobby where you will meet Gavriel Jecan for introductions.
Meals: 6:00pm Dinner Meet and Greet
FEBRUARY 7 — Tokyo to Nagano
In the morning, the group will take the Shinkansen bullet train to transfer to Nagano. Upon arrival, will stop at the hotel to drop our lugage and head up to Yaen Koen (Snow Monkey Park). Start with a walk up the trail to the park entrance gate, with your camera gear and other equipment.**To see the snow monkeys, visitors must walk 2 km (1.2 miles) one way along a path that can be slippery and muddy in winter.
Accommodations: Kambayashi Senjukaku (2 nights), Meals: B & D
FEBRUARY 8 — Nagano – A full day for the photography of Snow Monkeys.
Accommodations: Kambayashi Senjukaku, Meals: B & D
FEBRUARY 9 — Nagano – Tokyo- Kushiro
After breakfast, we take the bullet train to Tokyo Station then in to Haneda airport to fly to Kushiro. Transfer to Tsurui Village where the endangered Japanese Red – Crowned Cranes are, Take a private car to Tsurui Village.
Meals: B & D
FEBRUARY 10 — Kushiro -Tsurui Village
Early in the morning , head to Ottawa Bridge, where we will observe the Red-Crowned Cranes sleeping in the steamy warm thermal river water. After the early morning photo session will return to the hotel for breakfast. After Breakfast will visit various locations around Tsurui Village to photograph the elegant Red-Crowned Crains dancing in the warmth of the morning sun. Before or after Lunch will be looking for the Ural Owl that lives in the forest nearby.
Meals: B & D
FEBRUARY 11 – Tsurui Village – Kussharo
After an amazing two days in Kushiro area, we will be heading to the undeniable beautiful and scenic Lake Kussharo where we will spend time photographing the graceful Whooper swans swimming in the last light of the day. The Lake Kussharo provides spectacular backdropped by distant mountains that border the lake.
Accommodations: Lake Vista Akangawa, Meals: B & D
FEBRUARY 12 — Tsurui Kussharo
We will spend the early morning photographing the swans on Lake Kussharo as they rest and bathe in natural steaming, thermal pools on the edges of the completely frozen lake. During the day will photograph landscapes and other wildlife. Will return to the Lake for the late evening light for another chance to capture the Whooper Swans in the late afternoon light.
Accommodations: Lake Vista Akangawa, Meals: B & D
FEBRUARY 13 Furenko Rausu
After brekfast, we’ll journey north to Rausu, stopping by at the unforgettable Notsuke Peninsula. Here you will be thrilled by large herds of wild Ezo Sika deer, perching birds of prey and hopefully Red foxes as we drive by frozen oceans and smooth undisturbed snow fields. Then dinner in Rausu.
Accommodations: Meals: B & D
FEBRUARY 14 — Rausu Yoroshi
In the morning we will take a Drift Ice Cruise, see the sunrise from Kunashiri Island, and observe and photograph the Steller’s Sea Eagle & White-Tailed Eagle, and other sea birds. After lunch, the group will transfer to Yoroushi. On the way we will stop by Kunashiri view point to see the Nemuro Strait. Throughout the day the group will enjoy the delicious local food and hot springs at Yoroushi. In the evening, observation and photography of Blakiston’s Fish Owl in the backyard of the hotel. Sometimes, you may be able to see the Sable deer and other birds.
Accommodations: Yuyado Daiichi (1 night), Meals: B & D
FEBRUARY 15 —— Yoroshi – Tokyo
After breakfast, the group will head to Memanbetsu, Nakashibets or Kushiro airport. With free
time in the evening in Tokyo, opt to explore and photograph more of Tokyo’s diverse districts on your own. This will be our last Dinner together during this tour. Accommodations: Ryumeikan (1 night)
FEBRUARY 16 — Tokyo
Tokyo Head to the airport by public transportation according to your flight time.
~ End of Tour ~
For transportation to the Narita or Haneda Airports, please consult the hotel concierge for
limousine bus or taxi service arrangements. The Narita International Airport Limousine
Bus Service is a 90-min ride and its approximately ¥2,700 ($30 USD).
• Accommodations (twin sharing basis) as indicated above in the itinerary.
• All meals noted on itinerary.
• Services of Air Conditioned Van
• Services of English speaking guide escort accompanying the trip
• Entrance fee to visit monuments.
• Services of local English guides during city sightseeing (as required)
• Domestic Flight (Haneda/Kushiro, Nakashibetsu/Haneda)
**Luggage allowance: Economy class baggage allowance for domestic flights is 20kg. If your luggage is exceeded more than 20kg, excess charge will be applied. Each luggage must not be exceeded more than 32kg and total length of 3 sides 203cm. Hand luggage：1luggage per/person within 10kg and total length of 3 sides within 115cm. Each side less than 55cm x 40cm x 25cm.
• Bullet Train Shinkansen (Tokyo/Nagano)
• ERFS Certificate
Services Not Included
• Any international Airfare, travel insurance or medical insurance. (health insurance is mandatory and travel insurance is highly recommended)
• Anything not mentioned in inclusion above.
• Any expenditure of personal nature like alcoholic drinks, Fruit shakes, sodas, laundry, telephone calls, or internet
• Anything ordered from room service at any hotel including mineral water (other than what being offered by the hotels on their compliment).
• Any sudden increase in price due to steep hike in fuel cost, change in government tax policy or for any reason beyond our control like acts of god, natural calamity, law and order situation, riots etc and any forced change in itinerary for any unforeseen situation or reason beyond our control.
• Daily Lunches & Additional Snacks
• Airport Transfers
• Lunch during the tour is not included. Participants can buy food from the local convenience stores or eat at the local restaurants. Each person should prepare to pay for these