Led by Gavriel Jecan
Limited to 8 participants
Moderate hiking involved
Due to popular demand, we have decided to offer three trips this year. You will see the dates for each trip listed below when signing up to get on the pre-registration list please note which trip you are interested in.
Transportation and Accommodation
All meals during the workshop, lodging, and transportation to and from the lodge is included. You will be responsible for your flight to and from Anchorage Alaska and for your hotel in Anchorage. You are requested to arrive one day prior to the workshop so that the entire group can convene the afternoon of July 21st for departure. We have secured group rate rooms at an Anchorage hotel. Upon registration, you will download a PDF that includes the hotel information. Please call the hotel directly and reference the Art Wolfe workshop to make your reservation.
The activity level for this workshop is moderate with proposed field outings that may involve approximately 4 miles of hiking over uneven ground to the photographic location. Please be aware of this before signing up. If there is any question regarding your ability to participate please call our office.
Shooting schedules have the ability to be altered to effectively cater to the photographic desires of the group, as well as to adapt to changeable weather conditions.
- Meet and greet at 6pm no host dinner at restaurant in Anchorage.
- Depart Anchorage for Katmai lodge
- Cabin assignments, waders and boots provided to each participant for trip, and settling in to lodge
- Discussion of proper procedures around bears and the float plane
- Breakfast at lodge, and lunches distributed for field
- Full day in the field with Gavriel
- Lessons will be provided throughout the field outings
- Flight back to lodge
- Download images from the day. Dinner at lodge
- Arrive in Anchorage at approximately 11am. **Please check with Libby Pfeiffer before making your flight arrangements to confirm the arrival time back in Anchorage.**