August 2, 2023 – August 8, 2023 | $10,99
Join Art and Gavriel as they leads this exclusive workshop to a private lodge in the Katmai region of Alaska with an expert guide. You will have opportunities to view and photograph bears safely and will be creating dynamic images that are different than anything you have seen before. This is a Katmai experience like no other due to the exclusivity of the location and the expert guidance. You can be one of only 10 people to learn the nuances of nature photography taught in a truly wild atmosphere by a well-versed set of instructors.
Led by Art Wolfe
Assisted by Gavriel Jecan
Limited to 10 participants
Moderate hiking involved
Transportation and Accommodation
All meals during the workshop, lodging, and transportation to and from the lodge is included. You will be responsible for your flight to and from Anchorage Alaska and for your hotel in Anchorage. You are requested to arrive in Anchorage by Aug 2nd so that the entire group can convene the morning of Aug 3rd for departure. We have secured group rate rooms at an Anchorage hotel. Upon registration you will download a PDF that includes the hotel information. Please call the hotel directly and reference the Art Wolfe workshop to make your reservation.
The activity level for this workshop is moderate with proposed field outings that may involve approximately 6 miles of hiking over uneven ground to the photographic location. Please be aware of this before signing up. If there is any question regarding your ability to participate please call our office.
Shooting schedules have the ability to be altered to effectively cater to the photographic desires of the group, as well as to adapt to changeable weather conditions.
Day 1 Aug 2
- Meet and greet with the rest of the participants 6pm Aug 2nd no host dinner at restaurant in Anchorage. Everyone can introduce themselves, and prepare for the departure the following day.
- Approximately 9:00am -Depart Anchorage for Katmai lodge
- Cabin assignments, waders and boots provided to each participant for trip, and settling in to lodge
- Discussion of proper procedures around bears and the float plane
- Breakfast at lodge, and lunches distributed for field
- Full day in the field with Art and Gavriel
- Lessons will be provided throughout the field outings
- Flight back to lodge
- Download images from the day. Dinner at lodge
- Art and Gavriel provide feedback on everyone’s images and provide suggestions for the following days in the field.
Day 7 Aug 8
- The group will go out into the field one more time before departure for Anchorage.
- Arrive in Anchorage at approximately 11am. **Please check with Libby Pfeiffer before making your flight arrangements to confirm the arrival time back in Anchorage.**