April 5,2023 – April 9,2023 /
Workshop fee: $1790.00
Joshua Tree is yet another great destination in spring or late winter. When temperatures dip and late winter storms still rage, southern California is an oasis of warmth and Joshua tree is a study of positive and negative space; as the giant monolithic rocks play beautifully against the graceful Joshua Trees growing at their base.
Led by Gavriel Jecan
Limited to 6 participants
Minimal hiking involved
Transportation and Accommodation
- Participants are responsible for their own transportation and meals.
- Lodging is not included.
Shooting schedules have the ability to be altered to effectively cater to the photographic desires of the group, as well as to adapt to changeable weather conditions.
Day 1, April 5 – Meet and greet at 8:00pm. Everyone can introduce themselves, and Gavriel will give a brief description of the proposed itinerary. Early Arrivals Welcome Gathering, Hotel Lobby. Brief, informal and casual Meet & Greet. At this time we will coordinate teams for carpooling. It is not mandatory for everyone to attend the meet and greet, if you cannot make it please let us know so that we can appropriate a ride. Also, we have scheduled the meet and greet for this time so that everyone has a chance to eat beforehand.
Day 2. April 6
- 7:00am – 9:00am Morning shoot
- 9:00am –10:00am Breakfast
- 10;30am – 11:30 am Class session ( Introduction lecture to the next few days of shooting )
- 12:00am – 1:00pm Lunch
- 10:15pm – Afternoon field session
- 7:00 pm – Dinner
Day 3. April 7
- 9:00am – 11:30am field session.
- 12:00am –1:00 pm (the group will stop by the grocery store to get food for Lunch and for dinner, as we will photograph through the sunset)
- 1:00pm – Afternoon field session
- Sunset – Night Photography Session
- Drive back to the Hotel
Day 4. April 8
- 9:00am will depart for a full day field session
- 9:00 am – 9:45 am The group will stop by the local grocery store so that everyone can pick up Lunch
- 10:00am – 12:30pm Field session
- 12:30pm – 1:30pm Lunch in the field
- 1:30am – 6:30pm Afternoon field session
7:30pm – 9:00pm Dinner with group.
Day5. April 9
- 8:00am – 9:00am Transfer jpegs to Gavriel
- 9:00am – 12:00pm Group critique and review. Please note, this is not an intimidating process, but often one of the most constructive and informative segments of the workshop. Participants are encouraged to bring 4 samples of their work to share.
To sign up and pay for this workshop:
Payment can be done through Bank Transfer or Pay Pal, if you decide to pay as Pay Pal payment an additional of 3% will be add it to your payment by pay pal, Send us an email for the Bank Transfer information, we use Bank of America. ( email@example.com )